"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kart....

... as in Mario Kart.

We didn't have video games in our house when I was growing up. So our full exposure was when we went to visit my cousin and we played original Mario Brothers (I don't know which system, because I really don't care, but it was the cool Mario Brothers. You know, the classic, but not very first original one? I'm not making any sense? psht.) and Noah's Ark. No one else has ever heard of this Noah's Ark game, but it was the best thing. You had to round up the animals (in pairs of course) and throw them into the ark. The horses were the hardest and you had to throw apples at them to get them to stand still long enough to catch them. Ah, good times.

Sweet muffins! I just found a YouTube video of it!



Then I got my brother an E-bay purchased 64. Then my other brother got a GameCube. And we now have video games in the house. My favorite game of all time is Harvest Moon. I wish it didn't cost like a million dollars to obtain a copy. My favorite group game is Mario Kart. We have spent some fun times zipping around the little tracks and laughing at my sister run off the edge, run into the wall, turn around backwards, blow herself up and in other ways enjoy herself :P

My sister, Rae, and her husband, Pete, showed us this gem of a video a couple of visits ago. It is brilliant and I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of time that went into it.

Enjoy :) And see you tomorrow for Retail Wednesday :D And if you haven't entered my contest yet, get over here and do it (or click on the pic at the top), because owls and notepads are nothing to sneeze at. Unless you're allergic. But who's allergic to notepads? that would just be weird.


16 comments:

Sarah Ahiers said...

oh man, we're big Harvest moon players here.
You should give animal crossing a try (it's available on gamecube) you'd like that.
Mario kart is also fun.

we're big, big gamers in my house. I think we play more games than watch tv, which tells you something

Joan Crawford said...

I LOVE harvest moon! I bought the DS version and it was kinda poopy though.

Hannah said...

I've never played the Harvest Moon, though I've wanted to.

I'm a big gamer in the winter but I save the warmer weather for outside stuff. I lurve videa games!

Chris Weigand said...

Cool videos. The first exposure we had to video games was an Atari; my husband and I used to play Space Invaders after the kids went to bed or when he came home for lunch. Those were the days. Now we have a Wii, but so far have not gotten into it nearly as much as that old Atari

B. Miller said...

Thanks for sharing these videos! What a great trip down memory lane... :D

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I had two brothers and we always had video games in our house. I am now married to a man currently playing Final Fantasy on our PS3. I cannot escape video games. Harvest moon is cute though. My daughter used to play that. I don't seem to have the aptitude for video games though. :(

Raquel Byrnes said...

I'm actually the video game person in my house...though my kids like their Wii a lot. Funny video.

M.R.J. Le Blanc said...

I was brought up on sega, but I had a cousin who had the nintendo. Now I've got a PS2 and love it.

Wanda said...

Not much of a video game person. Funny video.

Jemi Fraser said...

We didn't have video games when I was young - and my kids never got into them much. Too into sports :)

Grammy said...

Hi, No video games in our house, but I did get a chance to play Mario on my grandson's game. My finger and eye coordination just weren't good enough. I do play games on my computer though! Lots of fun!
Ruby

Unknown said...

Oh man that Noah game is CREEPY!

*Runs screaming from the house*

Jackee said...

I avoid video games at all costs because they suck me right in. I mean even minesweep and solitaire on the computer! LOL.

That said, you make feel old--my first taste of gaming was Pong and The Temple of Rom. Ugh!

Jessica Bell said...

I've never been a fan of computer games. I was one of those kids that sat in the back yard and dug deeper and deeper into the dirt to find earth worms to kill, so that I could watch their separated body parts still move :) LOL

Covnitkepr1 said...

I don't play video games but I like this blog...that should count for something.lol
I'm a follower.

Rebecca T. said...

GAH! I am so far behind on responding to you all. I feel ashamed.

I like video games occasionally, but rarely actually play them (though I love the Wii and if I ever had the extra money I would TOTALLY buy one.)

Which makes it even funnier to me that I did an entire post on them.

Glad you all enjoyed the post (pete's sake, it feels like this was ages ago.