As you all know I went to BEA back in May and had a blast!
So now it's time to continue spreading the love and the ARCs
What?! You didn't enter to win the GIRL STUFF, the FANTASY FUN, the TEENAGE ANGST or the MIDDLE GRADE MARVELS packs yet? Well, what are you waiting for? An invitation? Okay, here you go -
You are invited to enter all 5 days of the BEA BONANZA!
You've got until Sunday night to enter for the GIRL STUFF pack
Until Monday night to enter for the FANTASY FUN pack
Until Tuesday night to enter for the TEENAGE ANGST pack
Until Wednesday night to enter for the MIDDLE GRADE MARVELS pack
And until Thursday night to enter today's!
All right, enough shameless self-promotion.
The RULES (I know, I know, BORING, but a necessary evil...)
1. In order to enter you must be a follower and leave a comment on the day that you want to be entered in. (this is all you have to do to enter, but of course I'll give you a chance to earn some extra points :)
2. You can enter ALL 5 days!
3. For extra bonus points you can:
a. BLOG about it! You only have to blog ONCE, but it will give you an extra entry into each day that you comment - so if you blog on Wednesday and comment on Monday, Tuesday and Friday you'll get an extra entry for all 3 of those days even though you only blogged once (get it? OK!) Oh, yeah, and let me know in the comments on one of these 5 days.
b. Put a linky on your sidebar! (same rules as a. Extra entry for each day you comment) Also leave me a comment on one of the five days.
c. Tweet! (or Facebook link if you don't have Twitter) This one you get an extra entry for each day that you Tweet it. So if you enter on Tuesday, then you would Tweet/Facebook on Tuesday, even if you Tweeted on Monday for Monday's. If you enter all 5 days, then for maximum points you would Tweet/Facebook all 5 days... make sense? Include @SonshineMusic and let me know in the comments if you did it!
4. The contest will run for a full week. So you have until Sunday night (the 10th) to enter Monday's contest. Then till Monday night (the 11th) for Tuesday's, Tuesday night (the 12th) for Wednesday's, Wednesday night (the 13th) for yesterday's etc. And I will announce the winner of Monday's on Monday, Tuesday's on Tuesday, etc.
Easy Peasy, right?!
Oh, I guess you want to know about the PRIZES for today!
Day 5: Fantasy PLUS :)
- A fantastic BEA tote! This one's from Book TV.
- The Dark Age: The Devil In Green by Mark Chandourn
- A Trial of Blood & Steel: Petrodor by Joel Shepherd
- This is how much I love you guys and how much I love this book. I got a signed ARC of Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry and I cannot bear to part with it, because it's SIGNED and I LOVES it, BUT I want to give someone this book! Oh how much do I want to give it to you, but it isn't OUT yet. So the winner of this pack will get this book PRE-ORDERED and MAILED! So it's like the prize that lasts until OCTOBER! When you're least expecting it you'll get a package and be all, what is this? And then you'll open it and it will be an amazing book!
- I am parting with my Chase Card of Jonathan Maberry. *sniff sniff*
Non-spoilery reviews coming up:
I just didn't have time to read this one with my giant TBR pile, but it looks pretty interesting.
Humanity has emerged, blinking, from the Age of Misrule into a world substantially changed: cities lie devasted, communications are limited, anarchy rages across the land. Society has been thrown into a new Dark Age where superstition holds sway. The Tuatha De Danaan roam the land once more, their terrible powers dwarfing anything mortals have to offer. And in their wake come all the creatures of myth and legend, no longer confined to the shadows. Fighting to find their place in this new world, the last remnants of the Christian Church call for a group of heroes: a new Knights Templar to guard the priesthood as they set out on their quest for souls. But as everything begin to fall apart, the Knights begin to realise their only hope is to call on the pagan gods of Celtic myth for help.
This is a second in a series and (again) I just didn't have time to read both of them.
Book two in the quartet A Trial of Blood & Steel picks up the story of the brave and independent heroine, Sasha, now living in the port city of Petrodor. Away from the hills of her Lenayin homeland, Sasha is making a new life in the dark alleys and wealthy houses of Petrodor. An influential trading centre, Petrodor holds the key to preventing the coming war between Lenayin and the mighty Bacosh. Together with her old mentor Kessligh, Sasha attempts to navigate the political intrigues of the port city and find a way to stop the war. It is the serrin, the beautiful but dangerous people from beyond the Bacosh, who will be the pivotal point in this struggle. How much can Sasha trust her old serrin friend Errollyn? And how much can she trust herself?
Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
I LOVE this book. I would like to say things like, "it's the best zombie book I've ever read" but it's the ONLY zombie book I've ever read, so that would be true, but not quite accurate. Anyways. It's not your typical book and the story will stay with you long after you've read the last page.
Benny just turned fifteen and in this post-apocalyptic world that means he's got to get a job. Unfortunately he can't seem to make it in any of the professions he tries so he has to become a zombie killer with his brother Tom, the coward. At least that's how Benny's seen him ever since First Night when the dead started coming to life. Tom certainly isn't as cool as Charlie and the Hammer. They are real zombie killers. But then Benny starts travelling with Tom and all of his preconceptions start to shatter. Could he be wrong about the zombies, about Charlie and the Hammer, but most of all, could he be wrong about Tom?
Told with intensity, a bit of humor and a lot of heart, this book will keep you reading well into the night.
Oh I'm so excited! and a little sad. This week has been so much fun for me and I hope you've enjoyed it! Don't forget! There's still plenty of time to enter, so let other people know and comment away!