Fabulous Falen passed on the Sugar Doll Award to me.
And then Al gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award
You're supposed to do 5 unusual facts for the Sugar doll and 7 interesting facts for the Beautiful Blogger, so I'm going to combine them, because I can't differentiate between unusual and interesting and I don't know if I can come up with 12 things.
1. The middle finger on my left hand got broken by being closed in a sliding van door when I was fifteen. Except I didn't know it was broken, so we didn't do anything and now my finger has a permanent bend in the top third of it.
2. I took a drawing class just to fulfill a Fine Arts requirement in college and loved it so much I took 2 semesters of drawing and 2 semesters of painting where I discovered my love for watercolors. I haven't done much recently and I'm not that great, but I think it's beautiful and I should really pull my paints out again. I just love the fact that I discovered it by accident.
3. I make a mean sausage gravy and biscuits. Probably my favorite thing to make and eat. Mmmmm... I can feel my arteries hardening even as I think about it.
4. I worked as a historical interpreter in a living history museum for a season. It was the BEST. JOB. EVER. But it didn't pay and had no benefits, so I had to enter the real world. So much fun to dress up every day, learn tons of cool facts and get to play with drop spindles, broom making and natural dyes. I still look back on it with great fondness and hope to do volunteering at a place like that once I get through school.
5. I grew up as a PK (Pastor's Kid) and I love it. My church family is just about as important to me as my flesh and blood family. But I never really felt pressure to act a specific way or be held to a higher/different standard than any of my friends that weren't PKs.
6. I was homeschooled my entire life. We kind of backed into it because we had no other options, but I am extremely grateful to both of my parents for all of the work they put into me and my siblings. I can't imagine having done it any other way.
7. When I start to like something or someone I tend to get slightly obsessed with it and go a little crazy accumulating connected stuff - And I don't ever regret it. (examples would include Lost [of course], A Series of Unfortunate Events, Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Gail Carson Levine, Ted Dekker, etc. etc. etc)
So there you have it - 7 random facts about me.
And now I will pass the Sugar Doll award on to.....
Dangerous With a Pen because she makes me smile
Jenn because I want her to do another post
And I will pass the Beautiful Blogger Award on to....
Y.F.N. Palindrome aka Hannah because she has the longest screen name ever and I love her blog
M.R.J. LeBlanc because she is another new friend who made me smile