"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lost 6.04 "The Substitute"

All right, so I know that Nikki will have a post up soon and I'll transfer everything over there, but I just HAD to say my favorite things from this episode, because I absolutely LOVED it. There were so many good things about it :)

1. HELEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and therein, Locke being so happy. Yeah, sure he still has some issues to work through, but the two of them are so freakin' adorable together! I'm so glad she's not dead :) (Though I am DYING to find out how Locke got paralyzed if he and his father are still on speaking terms)

2. Happy Hurley! It's so much fun to get to see him not believing he's cursed. Some people may find the flash sideways annoying, but I like getting to see the characters different and happy.

3. Sawyer talking about books... "You read? You know, books? My favorite's Steinbeck. Of Mice and Men."

4. Ben's eulogy!!!!!! That was the BEST. THING. EVER. "John Locke was ... a believer. He was a man of faith. He was a much better man than I will ever be. And I'm very sorry I murdered him." And then Lapidus' response: "This is the weirdest funeral I've ever been to."

5. Ben as a European History teacher scolding about the coffee filter. I seriously couldn't stop grinning for like 10 minutes after that scene. Love seeing him off the Island!

6. The NUMBERS! The LISTS! What is UP with all of that?! And why wasn't Kate one of the names?! But it was crazy cool to see all of that connected... Just don't know how it all plays out since Lapidus was also called a "candidate" by Ilana. So was his name up there somewhere? Is that why he was supposed to be the pilot of 815?

Oh, so much and I know that everyone over there will have even more insightful things to say and I love it!

6 comments:

Gillian Whitfield said...

I loved this episode! I laughed so hard at Lapidus' response after Ben's eulogy: "This is the weirdest funeral I've ever been to".

Ben as the teacher! I loved his line: "Well isn't that a gentleman's drink" when Locke said he just wanted tea. LOL!

I loved the question that the lady asked Locke: "What kind of animal are you?" :P

Joan Crawford said...

I was so happy to see Helen too! And Ben :D - I was absolutely smitten with Lost even more than usual right then. Yeah, good point about Lapidus being a candidate but not being on the cave walls. I wonder if the cave really was Jacob's hangout?

VW: Ditying

The act of singing a little ditty.

Hannah said...

I too loved that Helen is back!! It is nice to see Locke happy...I wonder about how he got paralyzed!! I was like, "wait so if he's talking to his father, who pushed him out of a window?" Ha! If that's how he got paralyzed. They keep showing that scene and it gives me chills every time!
I'm loving this season so far...without last week's Kate crap.

VW: gralic
Someone spelled garlic wrong.

Austin Gorton said...

Just don't know how it all plays out since Lapidus was also called a "candidate" by Ilana. So was his name up there somewhere?

I don't remember: did Ilana say Frank was a candidate, or he might be?

I have a feeling Ilana and the Shadow Seekers might be aware of the whole candidacy thing, but not necessarily the full list. So maybe Ilana thought Frank had the potential to be a candidate without really knowing.

Hurley was indeed a hoot. I like that he's able to be happy and benevolent with his money, in a way he never could when he believed it was cursed.

Ben as snarky history teacher: classic!

Blam said...

I'm off to catch up on comments at Nikki's, finally, but just wanted to stop by to say hello. Quite the little clique we're becoming...
"This is the weirdest funeral I've ever been to."
Frank now has two of the best lines in the whole series, with this and "We're not going to Guam, are we?"

Gillian Whitfield said...

@Blam: "We're not going to Guam, are we?" owns! Frank is awesome. Definitely one of my favourite characters.

@Teebore re Ilana saying that Frank was a candidate: I think that she said he might be important, and Bram asked if she thought Frank was a candidate, Ilana didn't answer. He may or may not be. I think he is.

VW: Protot
A professional tot.