So Ashlie - over at her blog "Nonsense" nominated me for the "Honest Scrap Award"!
My very first Blog award! Woot!
Okay, so the downside is that I have to make a list of 10 embarrassing facts about myself. I could be lazy and just post a link to my post "Things I Get Made Fun of for Liking" but I won't... because a new list is WAY more fun!
1. I learned the alphabet in American Sign Language like twenty years ago and I have compulsively finger spelled random words ever since. It looks like my fingers spaz, but no... I'm just spelling "recapitulate" or something.
2. I am addicted to Farmville on Facebook. Would you like to see my adorable herd of sheep, flock of chickens, gaggle of geese and burrow(?) of bunnies?
3. When I'm home alone I sing Broadway tunes and choreograph my own routines to them - poorly executed, but fun nonetheless. (Some of my favorites being "Popular" from Wicked, "Happily Ever After" from Once Upon a Mattress and "They Don't Know" from Thoroughly Modern Millie.)
4. When I was little I blackmailed my younger sister (Rae, not AchingHope) into doing things for me by threatening to not let her play with my new silk hair Cabbage Patch Doll.
5. I once fell off a donkey. Backwards. Onto concrete. (I was Mary in a Christmas pageant and my first thought after I briefly blacked out was, "The show must go on!" I kid not.)
6. I walk into a shelf at work every single day. At one point I had so many cuts on my wrists it looked like I had poorly attempted suicide. But no, I'm just clumsy.
7. I have never been to Disney World. Ever. And I think it would be fun, but it's not really that high up on my list of places to go. (Okay, that wasn't that embarrasing, but I'm running a little thin here)
8. I have never broken a bone, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like and kind of wish I would and then I realize that I am certifiably insane and snap myself out of it. (As opposed to snapping myself ... haha...)
9. I can carry on entire conversations using only quotes from such movies as "The Princess Bride", "Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail" and "O Brother Where Art Thou".
10. I don't find this embarrassing, but some people would so I leave you with this (because I can't think of anything else)... I am nearly 30 years old and I live in my parents' basement. (of course, all of the bedrooms are in the basement, because our house is built on a hill, but that's beside the point :P)
So there you have it... Actually looking back over this list, I'm not really embarrassed about any of it, but I guess that means I'm either mentally unbalanced or abnormally healthy.
I am passing this award on to the following blogs....
Slumpvis Musings by my lovely sister Aching Hope
Pughs' News by Erin
You May Say I'm a Dreamer by Gillian
Pirates Dig Chicks Who Blog by Jenn