Every year on this day I play the "try-to-be-happy-and-remember-that-I-am-not-less-of-a-person-because-I-do-not-have-a-man-in-my-life-but-I-still-really-wish-that-I-had-somebody-to-give-me-flowers-and-chocolate-and-giant-stuffed-animals" game.
Yes, I love my life. Yes, I am happy and content with the progress I am making as an individual. Yes, I realize that there are things I can do now that wouldn't be as possible if I were attached to someone. But yes, I still wish that God would hurry up and bring that special person into my life.
So in honor of defying any pity parties, as well as rejoicing in the things I can do since I am single, I shall put together my list of... ::insert trumpet fanfare here::
FAKE PEOPLE I FIND ...ahem... PALATABLE!
In no particular order we begin.....
(half of these are going to be Lost related, because, well... because that's kind of what's on my mind right now :)
1. Benjamin Linus:
Yes, I get delicious chills whenever he comes on screen. And there is a heart in there. See the latest Benry Knows Best and try not to get a little teary eyed.
2. Timothy McGee: Seriously. How flippin' cute is he!
3. The Doctor from Star Trek: Voyager. Gah! I cannot find a good picture of him though. It is truly driving me crazy. Here's an okay shot, but it doesn't quite work.
4. Sawyer Ford (not James btw): Yes, I know I am not alone in this, but seriously, the thing that totally gets me is the way he's such a bookworm. Totally adorable. (Unfortunately I couldn't find a good shot of him reading and I am too lazy to go dig out my DVDs right now.)
5. Ronon Dex: I kind of owe this one to my sister :) For those of you who don't know, he's from StarGate Atlantis and I LOVE his character arc so much. (We are watching them on DVD and just about finishing S4)
6. Richard Alpert: Eternal life, silky long eyelashes, perpetually good dresser... what's NOT to love ;)
7. Dr. Horrible: I'd rule the world with him :)
8. Dr. Cox: Okay, I'm finding this one a little weird myself, but it doesn't make it not true.
9. Ethan Rom/Goodspeed: I realize I am very much in the minority on this one, but (to quote myself) while everyone else is screaming EVIL DEMON! I'm like, you can kidnap me in the jungle any day ;) And again, I couldn't find the picture I wanted. I really wanted one from the most recent episode, but couldn't get it. :(
And as a bonus... (and now we're heading into deep dark secret territory...
10. This was my very first "tv crush". I think I was fourteen and I had a major thing for Wesley Crusher :P