"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Why do I keep using the same letters, or NaNo Day 12

Word Count: 18,744 - about 1300 words behind. Not too shabby.

Mood: Confused.

Surprises: So yesterday I realised I had a Lirra and a Larra. Today I realised I have a Garrett and a Granntt. Good heavens. And yes, the double letter thing is a cultural thing. Don't know why yet, but every single character has at least one double letter if not two. I think it's my way of defamiliarizing common names and creating some sort of language difference and continuity. I tend to do this with dystopian or fantasy that I write. *ponders*

Had a great scene yesterday. Weird scene today. Tomorrow I'm pretty sure someone dies and I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments: