So I was about to leave a small book as a comment and then decided it would be ever so much more fun to write a post about it.
And since it's Monday and I'm supposed to do literarily related stuff on Monday and I've been horrible about keeping any kind of consistency, I thought it would be good to go ahead and do it.
Besides, this allows me to procrastinate from finishing my syllabus like I'm supposed to be doing. haha!
So here is my approximate system for deciding what to read next:
- Oh Look! I just finished this book. Wow! It was great! (or hm. It could have been better. [or snort. why did I just waste my life reading that?]) I will write it down in my notebook and find a picture to add it to my slideshow on my blog!
- Ooh Look! A pretty cover! I TOTES wants to read Book A!
- Oh yeah. I've got four other books that I've started and still haven't finished. Maybe I should read one of those.
- But THIS cover is AH-mazing! And So-and-So said it was really good! I should read Book B!
- Oooohhhh! The new book in X series came out! I've been reading the series, so I should do that one next.
- But I did promise Hannah and everyone that I would read The Stand and I've only read like 5 chapters. I should pick that one up again.
- But I'm going on vacation soon. I can read it then. It's just SO THICK!
- Hey, what did I step on? Oh! I forgot I picked up this ARC at work! Hm. Maybe I should read that one.
- But I really need to finish Mountains Beyond Mountains before school starts.
- Speaking of school. I have to read Pride and Prejudice for class, so I should probably do that one.
- But that is RESPONSIBLE and it is SUMMER! I REJECT the responsible!
- Let me go on the blogs and see if there's anything interesting.
- I now have 4,267 more books that I want to read! Why does everyone have to talk about these fantastic books? *pouts*
- Oh forget it. I'll just go watch a movie.
- Hey! I didn't know this movie was based on a book! I want to read it now!
- Oh fine, I'll just read *closes eyes, spins in circles and chooses a book at random* THIS ONE!
Unfortunately this IS quite possibly VERY close to how I actually do end up choosing what book to read next.
So I will pass the question on to you: How do YOU decide what to read next? Is there anyone that keeps a list of TBR? Are you spastic and just grab whatever tickles your fancy?