- Look at the pretty, pretty award! Wasn't it so nice of so-and-so to give it to me?! They're the sweetest thing ever.
- I will save it onto my computer so I have it.
- But I'll just wait to post it until I have a couple and then I'll do it all at once.
- Crudniks. Now I have like 5 awards and I still haven't thanked the people that gave them to me.
- But I really don't have time to do ALL that linkage right now. I don't want to do a half-way job.
- Look, there's someone else thanking people for their awards. Why can't I just DO that?!
- Well, now it's been SO long it would almost be insulting to put it up.
- FINE! I'll do it! Sheesh, self, quit being all judgmental and stuff.
So that's where I am now :) sorry it took me so long to work through the stages, but here it is, honest!
I THINK I got all of them *crosses fingers and holds breath*
I got this one from the lovely Southern Princess herself, Courtney. She is a fantabulous blogger and a lovely commenter herself who has done me the courtesy of linking to some of my contests and such. You will always enjoy a visit to her kingdom :)
She didn't say there were any rules for this, so I will just pass it along to some people that always leave loverly comments for me :)
1. Mia Hayson @ My Literary Jam and Toast - She's the sweetest and we are the queens of TMI when it comes to leaving comments on each other's blogs. Besides, I want to keep on the good side of the zombies *nods fervently*
2. Hannah @ Musings of a Palindrome - One of my very first bloggy friends. She always has something funny or random to say. :D
3. Sarah @ Falen Formulates Fiction - Another one of my first bloggy friends. I love how she just pops her head in to say hello. Makes me feel like we're next door neighbors or something :)
4. Jemi Fraser @ Just Jemi - Her comments always make me smile. Always :)
5. Raquel @ Raquel Byrnes - She has been supportive of my blog for a long time, even when I don't always make it back over to hers as often as I'd like.
I love ALL of my commenters and, seriously, you guys support me so much and I am eternally grateful for it!
This one came from the fantastic Melanie Sherman. Oh, look, she thinks my blog is lovely :D
I don't make it over there as often as I would like, but she's always got a whole lot of great writerly stuff going on, so go check it out :)
I'm supposed to pass this on to 8 more people, so here goes!
1. Courtney @ Southern Princess - fun, sweet, generous and an amazing writer. nuff said.
2. Simon @ Constant Revisions - because it's such a girly award. No, but really, because the Monday Mahem series with Mercedes is totally making the beginning of my week. And his snark on Twitter keeps me chuckling.
3. Lindsey @ Dangerous With a Pen - she's been on a summer hiatus to spend time with her family, but I loves her and can't wait for her to come back :)
4. Tahereh @ Grab a Pen - She's talented, hilarious and oh, so, sweet. Every post she does makes me smile. Most of them make me laugh and some of them hit me right in the heart.
5. Naomi @ Writing: A Soul's Way of Breathing - All right, I know she's my sister, but I would seriously follow her blog even if she wasn't. Totes.
6. BlackRoseofLight94 (aka that girl I know, but whose name I can't reveal) @ The Thoughts and Adventures of a Mindless Innocent - An amazing girl whose blog is always entertaining and you should totes go check it out. Besides, we picked the same background, it must be a sign!
7. Joan @ Things I Yell at You - I challenge you to read any one of her posts and not snort milk through your nose (of course, you should be drinking milk whilst reading. Because if you can just snort milk through your nose then ewwwwww...) She was another one of my first bloggy friends and oh my werd, but she is hilarious.
8. Patricia @ Patricia Stoltey - She's always thought-provoking and enjoyable to read. I love the variety of people I get to meet whilst blogging!
3 marvelous bloggers awarded me this. Aww... you're all so sweet!
Al at Publish or Perish. He's got the most gorgeous pictures to share on his blog, plus a lot of other really interesting stuff!
Melanie Sherman awards this one to me as well. Thanks!
And the fantabulous Cynthia Reese whose blog is helpful, entertaining and great fun to visit!
Now for this one I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself and then pass it on to newer blogs I've discovered. One said I was supposed to pass it to 15 people, one said 8, so I'll just throw it at people until I run out of time :)
First, the things about myself (these are completely random, just so you know):
- I have never had a cavity. Not once. Never had to get Novocaine or have anything drilled or filled or anything. I love my teeth and I guess I totally lucked out, because I'm the only one in the family that can claim this!
- I graduated from college almost exactly 10 years after I graduated from high school (I graduated from high school early - at 16, and waited a while before I figured out what I wanted to do with myself, plus we moved from VA to NY and I did a bunch of other useful stuff in that break)
- My favorite singer of all time is Steven Curtis Chapman. From about the time that I was 12, until now, I have loved his music and his lyrics. I finally got to see him for the first time in concert a few years ago and since that time I've been to 3 more of his concerts (it's nice having a job and money :)
- One of my favorite words is SESQUIPEDALIAN which means someone that loves big words. I love the fact that it is such a long word :D
- I love movie posters! I've been collecting them from work for the past 4 years and I probably have enough to wallpaper a basement. They are all rolled nicely in my closet until I have a place where I actually have wall space.
- If I was going to be something other than a mom or a professor, I think it would be fun to be a video editor - one of those people that puts together the montages for shows like So You Think You Can Dance or something like that. I do it with lame equipment that came on my computer and have SO much fun with it. Either that or I want to be a Muppeteer. Seriously. How cool would THAT be?
- I have a potassium absorption deficiency and it makes my legs get all weird and crampy and twitchy like my leg is doing right now. scuse me whilst I go take my potassium supplements.
And now I'm supposed to pass it on. Phew. I need to do these one at a time from now on. This is exhausting!
1. Catherine @ The Writer's Notebook - I met her through TWITTER and we were bemoaning syllabi writing together, which was SO cool, because I couldn't express the pain to anyone around me since they weren't writing one. Plus she's got a great blog and she's pretty funny and she loved Joss Whedon so GO. Follow.
2. Amber @ aLmYbNeNr - she has the most adorable picture blog thing over at tumblr and you have to see the post she did about her trip with Sage, the owl she won in my contest! So great!
3. J. M. Neeb @ Ducks Out of a Row - seriously, if you haven't become an avid follower of "ducks" then get yourself over there now. I am never disappointed with one of his posts and always entertained.
4. Mercedes @ A Broken Laptop - I discovered her through Twitter and through Simon, mainly because of the Monday Mayhem feature (which is hilarious and you should totally go read it) But then I stayed around, because I liked the place :D
5. Mireyah @ Mireyah Wolfe - another Twitter friend that I roamed over to her blog from there. (that sentence made no sense whatsoever). Anyhoo. She's sweet and fun and you should go check her out!
AND we're out of time. Gots to go get ready for work!
I Love you all, my blogger lovelies and I shall see you all later!