It is entirely possible that I may have had too much fun putting that poster together.
So I'm jumping on the bandwagon and hosting my first ever blogfest. I hope all ya'll will join me. It's going to be super fun!
I must give credit where credit is due... It all started on Twitter (where so many things in my life seem to start recently)
The ever fabulous and super sparkly Mia Hayson was trying to come up with a blog post idea. There was a bit of discussion and she ended up writing this hysterical entertaining post featuring the fantastic and lovely Amalia.
After reading it I announced my burning desire to be included in the story. So Mia and Amalia and I were chatting about the possibilities this had to offer and Mia said it would make a fun blogfest.
My brain promptly exploded with ideas.
Some other stuff may grow out of that post and conversation so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, but I decided to run with it.
Here's the idea:
Invasion of the Bloggy Snatchers!
I love all of you and the best part of blogging has been making friends all over the world and I know a lot of you feel the same way - so here's your chance to get your blogger friends involved! They are going to invade your writing!
Here are some ideas to get you going, but if you have something different you want to do, by all means, please feel free!
- Write a scene where you go to visit one of your blogger friends or they come to visit you. (kind of like Mia's post linked above) Maybe it's a holiday or on a really busy day or you just drop in and they're in the middle of something important like a bank heist or something.
- Write a scene where a bunch of blogger friends get together to hang out or for an event or to be interviewed on Oprah or something. Sarah Jayne Smythe did something kind of like this for her beach blogfest and it was really funny.
- Take a scene from a WIP and have some blogger friends invade it. Have them flirt with your characters or kill someone or interrupt everything or throw glitter around.
- Write a scene not related to a WIP where blogger friends invade it and screw up the plot. Or make it progress.
- Write a therapy session featuring some of your blogger friends. hehehe
You get the idea - I think this could be OODLES of fun, but I know it's not something you can just throw up a snip from a WIP for so I wanted to give us plenty of time, which is why it's in the middle of August. And it's on a Wednesday, because that's my usual day off and I'll have time to (hopefully) get around to everyone's post and put up my own.
If you have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions, leave them in the comments!
Feel free to let other people know about it and to steal my little poster sticker from above.
And just as a little thank you to all of you for making my life richer and my blogging experience a blast, I'll make a happy little amigarumi owl for one random person that I'll draw out of the pool of people that participate in the blogfest :D
This is my first time trying the linky thing so hopefully it works! If you have a problem let me know and I will try to fix it :D