"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Ponderings

It seems so strange to be in 2010 already.

I have a strange feeling that it will be a momentous year for me. By the fall, God-willing, I will be in grad school, taking the next steps toward my future. In August I turn 30 (a rather scary thought) and I don't know what all else will come along this year.

It's so strange to sit with an entire year waiting in front of me. Each day empty, waiting for the words I will put into them.

Some will be good, some bad, some boring, some thrilling. On some of those days I will feel joy and delight. On some I will experience sorrow. On others I will feel despondent, but those will be balanced by the hopeful.

No matter what each day brings I know it will have been given by God to live out to the best of my ability. I will succeed and I will fail miserably, but His love for me will never falter or change. that is so refreshing to know.

It is calming to my soul and peaceful for my heart.

May I embrace each day as the blessing He has meant it to be and live it for His glory.

May each one of you have a Blessed New Year and may God draw you closer to Himself with every exciting new day He provides.

God bless

No comments: