"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Castle: A Death in the Family

First off, major SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! For Robert Picardo. I have absolutely loved him since he was the Doctor in Star Trek: Voyager and anytime he shows up in one of the shows I watch I am uber excited, even if he is the villain, which he wasn't this time.

Anyway!

The song at the beginning of the episode was such a strange juxtaposition for the horror that was in that car. It was supremely creepy.

Speaking of music. I really like the music on this show. The theme music and the music used throughout. It is very unique and distinctive, something that is often hard to come by in this day of millions of these cop shows.

There were a lot of highlights for me on this episode. I loved (as always) the sideline story with his daughter. The speech Castle gave to Beckett was great too, and how absolutely confident his mother was that he had to tell Beckett the truth.
His serious face when he came into the hospital room was well acted. He was dreading it, but knew he had to.

The thing I'm most happy about is that they left it wide open, so I'm hoping that that means there is another season to come. Watching it later in the week stinks, but at least I've been able to keep up with it and this show will definitely be a DVD buy for me.

Oh, and a great shout out to a fantastic writer, Chelsea Cain, with Castle reading her book Sweetheart while waiting for Alexis to get home. I discovered Cain by chance when we got an ARC of Sweetheart at the bookstore where I work. IMO the first one, Heartsick, was better, but I am eagerly awaiting the release of the third one, which comes out later this year. I love when my worlds cross :)

No comments: