"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Joss Whedon

Joss Whedon has completely won me over now. I haven't seen much of his work before, but I've been inundated in the last couple of weeks and he's a genius.

It all started with Castle - the tv show about the writer who teams up with the cop to solve crimes (yes I realize Whedon had nothing to do with that, just wait, I'll get there). In watching that I fell in love with Nathan Fillion.

My friend, Claire, was unpacking DVD boxes at work and came across Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog and it had Nathan Fillion, so we were both like, we have to watch this!

Then she told me she was going to let me borrow Firefly so I could become obsessed with it too and mourn over its far too short run with her.

So she brought Dr. Horrible over for a movie night and we watched it. And died laughing. And got the songs stuck in our heads.

Now my sister and I are watching Firefly and adoring it. And my sister has started watching Buffy and, although I haven't had time to watch it yet, I know I'm going to get hooked on it next.

It really is a Joss Whedon world after all.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES!

Um... I'm not sure what I'm saying yes about anymore. But there was a reason.