"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Monday, March 9, 2009

Yes Man

So, I just finished reading Yes Man by Danny Wallace. I haven't seen the movie and, honestly, don't know if I want to see it. The book was semi-interesting to me, but I kind of had to force myself to finish it. The prologue was the funniest and most interesting part of the book to me.

It was a very thought-provoking idea. . . Saying yes to everything and anything that came his way. It definitely took him to some very interesting places. I have to admit I kind of wonder whether there are things that I say no to for no reason. Maybe we should all say yes a little bit more.

So, in that way the book was a success in that it made me look at the possibility of saying yes and wonder about what I have been missing by saying no.

Over all, though I couldn't really say that it was a book I thoroughly enjoyed. It was interesting (okay, third time I've said that, I know) and it had a valid point, but I didn't feel like it was really worth wading my way through the 371 pages to get to that point.

No comments: