see more Lolcats and funny pictures
But then I remembered that today was Wednesday and I kind of freaked out over the fact that I have no new stories for Retail Wednesday, since meetings at school required me to not work this past week *shakes fist of fury*
But then I saw this blogfest was going on and I thought it would be a lot of fun! So, go check out Nicole Ducleroir's post if you want to join in! I made it at the last minute, so you could too (I suppose, you'd really have to double check with her, but she's not the type to leave people out)
And since I didn't do a Writerly Monday, I figured why not keep the weekly mix up streak going.
But first, a little random, because I know you expect it on Wednesday
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
So the point of the blogfest is to fill out the following questionnaire so we can all get to know each other a little better. And what could be more fun than learning more about our bloggy buddies? Here we go!
- What is your favorite word? Oh man, this totally changes. I love the word HENCEFORTH. No idea why, I just like to say it. Also sesquipedalian is totally one of my favorite words of all time. Because it means a lover of big words and it's a giant word and it makes me smile.
- What is your least favorite word? taxes. (can you tell it's January? I mean February? I mean, the time of year when we have to file taxes?) No, but seriously, I really don't like profanity. It drives me crazy. I don't use it, I have learned to block it out, but I don't like it (Wow, that was maybe a little too blunt. But it's true, so.... um. yeah. Y'all know I love you and your blogs.)
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? A really good story. Whether in a book, short story, tv show, movie, song. I love a proper story (usually with a happy ending) Something that moves me and usually if it makes me cry, whether with happiness or sadness, it makes a much longer lasting impact.
- What turns you off? gratuitousness. Whether violence, adverbs, whatever. Use something too much and for no reason and it drives me up the wall.
- What is your favorite curse word? See #2. But I do find ways to relieve my excitement or irritation, I just like to get creative with it. My favorite expression right now, which I actually used in class and got a lot of strange looks over is: What the Hay Bale! <--now come on, isn't that more entertaining than a standard curse word?
- What sound or noise do you love? Laughter. Laughing makes me laugh, which tends to make other people laugh, which in turn makes me laugh more, which makes other people laugh - it's a vicious and hilarious cycle. A group from our church went to see this comedian, Tim Hawkins. Funniest guy ever. My sister and I do full body laughing where we literally double over and kind of rock back and forth. Well, we were doing it in unison and the people from our group that sat behind us were laughing more at Naomi and me than at the comedian at times. True story.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Arguing. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to hear other people arguing (note to self: why doesn't this keep you from arguing, you toadstool?). I usually have to leave the area. I mean real out and out arguing, not playful banter arguing or fake arguing.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? My greatest dream, if I wasn't doing what I'm doing, is to be a Muppeteer. Dead. Serious. I grew up doing muppet puppets with my parents and our church. We've performed at local schools, community events, church events. I love it. I think it's so much fun and I would love to work with the Muppet team. Love. It.
- What profession would you not like to do? Nursing. Totally not my cup of tea. I really don't think I could handle it in anyway. And also, I really don't like science, so that adds to my lack of interest.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Well done, good and faithful servant
So, there you have it. Maybe more about me than you ever wanted to know. I guess I went the honest route and not the goofy route... Can't wait to get around to some of y'all's blogs and find out more about you! Woohoo!