"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Monday, February 14, 2011

Ahem. Palatable.

I know it's supposed to be Writerly Monday, but I have been swamped this week.

Besides, today is S.A.D. aka Singleness Awareness Day aka Valentine's Day.

So I've decided to opt for something different and FUN and totally shallow*. But I will tie it in to writing somehow...

I love a good character, but I especially love a good male tv character. I'm not one to moon over/crush on actors or other famous people. But I totally crush on characters, because for me, the biggest thing that makes a guy ... palatable or not is his attitude and behavior. Totally. And watching them helps me to write them.

So here is my second list of

FAKE PEOPLE I FIND PALATABLE


In no particular order and usually based on tv shows/movies that I have recently been obsessed with.

*Hey, I only do one totally shallow post a year, so come back later for the intellectual stuff.


Nick from "When in Rome" which is one of my favorite movies from last year. I actually went to see it in the theatre, which I RARELY do with romcoms, and I fell in love with it. So. Cute.

 The Tenth Doctor... David Tennant=genius


Chandler Bing. Classic. And surprisingly difficult to find a good picture of. Where is the Chandler love?! And how absolutely thrilled am I to see Matthew Perry return to tv? Mr. Sunshine's debut totally cracked me up.


Xander Harris. Especially after this magnificent speech in S7. Caution, mild spoilers in the video. But I watched it like 3 seasons ago and it made me even more invested in the characters, so...

Damon Salvatore. Perfect proof that it's the character that gets me, not necessarily the actor or the appearance. Hated Boone on Lost. Okay, maybe disliked is a better term. But Damon? Seriously. Best reason to watch Vampire Diaries. And after reading Kiersten White's recap I will forever talk about "Damon Eye Thing."





















Topher Brink from Dollhouse. I watched this show streaming on NetFlix (my BFF) both seasons in about 2 weeks. Joss Whedon is my hero. I loved Topher from the beginning even though you really shouldn't. And then... well. Spoilers people. Seriously. Go watch this show. It will blow your mind. And you get to see this adorable face...

Richard Castle. All right. I know I said no particular order, but I had to leave this for last because, as much as I adore Castle, I have to admit that Nathan Filion is kind of the only actor I totally could crush on. I have loved everything I've seen him in. Everything. And I've heard personal stories from people who have attested to the all around goodness of the actual person. Win. Just total win.
Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Rebecca,
I have to admit-although skeptical at first of where your post was going, it was fun and light-hearted!
Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca T. said...

Tracy: I just went in and tweaked the beginning. I realized it sounded kind of depressing. Glad you enjoyed the pics though :D Have a great day!

Sarah Ahiers said...

Chandler Bing always reminds me of real life Teebore. They have similar humor

Melissa said...

Ian sommerhalder is SO much more than palatable. (Yes, I have a giant crush on Damon....so what??)

Unknown said...

I'm not a big V Day fan. Kinda detested it as a single person and as a married person I think it's stupid. It's like Halloween... fun for kids (LOVE celebrating it with my kids and my kiddies at school) and then it should just go away. :P :)

Anywho. I only knew about half of those charming fellows seeing as I don't get around to half the stuff on my dvr... but awwwww to Xander and heck yeah to Castle - my favorite show - and Nathan Fillion in general. :D My sister has met him a few times at Comic Con events because she troops. Long story. But she says exactly the same thing, that he is really sweet. She has a couple of pictures with him. I can't lie, I kinda wanna steal them and cut out her face and glue in mine.