"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cover Love Thursday: Haunting Violet

I picked this book up for several reasons - the main one being that Alyxandra Harvey was at Polaris last year, and is going to be there again this year and I've been meaning to read something by her ever since last year.

But look at that cover! It's so perfect for the book and I love the water lilies floating in the deep purple. And the font - I love the curlies on the letters.
I loved this book. It was a great read and I didn't want to put it down!

Here's my review from Good Reads:
Violet's mother is a medium. At least, that's what she would have everyone believe. But no one knows better than Violet just how much of a charlatan her mother really is. She's tired of the games and the pretense and how they prey on the grief of good people, but the only way out of this life is through marriage. It's a good thing the handsome, kind, and wealthy Xavier has his eye on her. But then Violet starts seeing ghosts. For real. And what about Colin? One minute he's teasing her, the next he's kissing her and Violet can't figure out what to do. Caught up in the mystery of a young girl's death, her feelings for Colin and Xavier, and the scandalous behavior of her mother, Violet isn't sure where to turn.

Part mystery, part ghost story, part romance, Haunting Violet has a little bit of something for everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed the story, the characters, and the voice of Violet.


I definitely recommend it! You can also check out Alyxandra Harvey's website and her Drake chronicles HERE.

Tata!

No comments: