"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Saturday, October 9, 2010

hehehe

I'm trying to do some catch up on people's blogs and I came across this genius post by Mia about HOW TO WRITE A QUERY and she made up a query for an imaginary book and it just looked like so much fun that I had to go and write one in her comments. And I had way too much fun with it, so I want to share it here.

So, here is my fake query letter:

Dear Snookums,

Valerie wished that, just once, her brother would refrain from eating her homework. Her teachers never believed her, even after she brought in the shreds from Henry's last stomach pumping. Honestly, having a brother that was part black lab could be seriously annoying.

But then she finds out that Henry's not really her brother and that his parents are part of a canine race from Sirius (yes, the dog star. I know, so cliche, right?) and they're coming back to pick up their son and, oh, yeah, enslave the human race.

It's a good thing Valerie's best friend, Joyce, works at an obedience school, because it's going to take all of their combined know-how and a whole lot of doggy treats to survive this mess.

"Roll Over" is a 90,000 word YA novel that will have readers sitting up and begging for more. Attached are the first five paragraphs. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Rebecca


And now you may all think that I am crazy.


And no, you cannot steal the plot idea :)

4 comments:

Emily White said...

AHAHAHA! I can't even tell you how much I love this query! Too funny!!

Jemi Fraser said...

That is awesome!!! And you never know, if you right it, it just might sell! :)

Mia Hayson said...

Hehehe, I think we have a discovered a whole new way to think up shiny ideas! Write the query first!

You totes hang onto that one and I'm going to write Greg's novel one day.

*hugs*

Melanie Sherman said...

Oh WOW!!!! Writing the query first. This is fabulous.