"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Bookish Resolutions: June Progress

1. Read 200 books in 2015:
I'm up to 129, so doing well on this front. Slowed down this month a little bit as I hit some slightly longer/more involved books.

2. Read 12 non-fiction books in 2015 (1 a month preferably):
Made my one this month, finishing A.A. Milne's Not That It Matters. However, I've made significant progress on the thick and densely printed Milne biography, so I'm more than content with that.

3. Clear out my Currently Reading GoodReads shelf:
Cleared out one more, finishing Willa Cather's My Antonia finally. I've got one more to go before I consider this goal complete and considering that I have 6 months left, I'm confident I'll make it!

4. Read at last 2 print books I already own each month (with an eye to weeding):
Did well on this one, reading three books, all of which I am passing on, giving away, or donating. I read Rowan Coleman's The Accidental Mother, which I really enjoyed, but know I won't read again. I also read 2 of by new BEA books. I finished The Adventures of Miss Petitfour by Anne Michaels, which isn't out until November. I already gave that one to my sister. And I just finished Gregory Maguire's upcoming book After Alice, which I think I may run an Instagram giveaway for on our Booksellers Without Borders NY account.

5. Read at least 2 eBooks I already own each month:
Just barely squeaked this one out. I read Darker Days by Jus Accardo and My Antonia was an ebook, so it counts. I've been watching X-Files on my breaks at work, which is usually when I read ebooks, so that accounts for less reading done this month. I'm back to reading on my breaks though, so it might tick upward next month.

I know no one probably cares about this but me, but posting here at the beginning of each month inspires me to actually read with more purpose and I've read quite a few books I probably wouldn't have read if I wasn't doing this, so yay for me :)

No comments: