"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" ~ C. S. Lewis

Monday, March 2, 2015

Bookish Resolutions: February Progress


1. Read 200 books in 2015:
Still doing quite well on this front. I've read a total of 41 putting me at 21% of my goal. Pretty good, considering we're only 2 months into the year.

2. Read 12 non-fiction books in 2015:
I knocked this out of the park this month. I finished A Life and Its Mirrors: A Feminist Reading of L.M. Montgomery's Fiction by Gabriella Ahmansson as well as The Alpine Path: The Story of My Career by L. M. Montgomery, AND I finished Poetics of Reverie: Childhood, Language, and Cosmos by Gaston Bachelard. So, feeling pretty good about this.

3. Clear out my Currently Reading GoodReads shelf:
I finished another book for this one, bringing my total down to 6, with only 2 of those being actual currently reading books. That means I only have 5 more to finish this year. Totally doable.

4. Read at least 2 print books I already own each month, with an eye toward weeding:
Didn't do as well with this one, though. Technically I "completed" this, finishing off Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz from my currently reading list and then reading My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins. I am getting rid of Splendors and Glooms but I don't feel that the other one really counts as it's a fairly new purchase and I knew I wouldn't be getting rid of it. But I was deep in the two ILL non-fiction books I had to get back, so I give myself a little bit of a pass this month.

5. Read at least 1 eBook I already own each month:
Did quite well on this goal as well. I finished off The Adventures of Gerard by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Aerisia: Land Beyond the Sunset by Sarah Ashwood, The Adventures of Zelda: A Pug Tale by Kristen Otte, Alessandra by Lizzy Ford (though this was a short story), Alice in Zombielandby Nickolas Cook and Lewis Carroll, A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist, and The Alpine Path: The Story of My Career by L. M. Montgomery (one of my non-fiction reads). Rousing success on the e-book front. I think working my way through (roughly) alphabetically is keeping me from dithering over what I should or want to read on my Nook and I just move to the next one.

I am, however, in a bit of a reading dry spell at the moment, so I'm hoping I can get back into the swing of things and stay on top of my goals for March.

Any reading successes you'd like to share?

No comments: