Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Dad: How do you tell how many points a buck has? Is it total? Or just on one side?
Dave: It's 1/2 divided by 4 + 3.
Dave: Oh no! I forgot to take Bonine (like Dramamine, but like, a trillion times better [and no, they don't pay me to say that])! What if I dream that I'm reading?!
Dad: Dream that you took Bonine.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
And I'll admit it all started with Twilight.
I'll even admit that I like the books and the movie (though I'm certainly not obsessed with them)
And I'll admit right here to the chagrin of many Twilight lovers that I am firmly on Team Jacob. However, I also loved the way Breaking Dawn went. Figure that one out :P
I've read PC and Kristin Cast's House of Night novels, Melissa De La Cruz's Blue Bloods Series and a couple of Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books.
So what's next? Vampire Diaries.
I haven't read the books yet, but I thought I'd see what the show was all about. It looked interesting. The first episode was okay enough to bring me back for #2. That one was all right, but then I let it slip for a week. (I've been watching them online, because my schedule won't allow me to catch it on TV) It was all right and I was enjoying it, but it wasn't really compelling. They were a little over the top with making Stefan too much like Edward - from the movie. Certain angles, the way they had his hair, some of his expressions. I found it annoying. And there wasn't a whole lot going on other than high school drama. Nothing to make it really stand out.
The other night I wanted a little diversion, so I thought I would go ahead and catch up.
The third episode things were getting a little more interesting. Not as much in the vampire department, but I was really getting intrigued by Elena's friend, Bonnie, and her emerging powers. And I was really beginning to enjoy Ian Somerhalder's portrayal of Damon. I was never really a big fan of him as Boone. I don't know, just never quite did it for me, but I am loving him as Damon. You can tell he is having the time of his life, too. He loves playing the part and the performance is flawless and oh so fun.
But then came the end of the fourth episode and I was left with my jaw hanging. Spoiler warning!
To find out that there's this group of people who have been warned to watch for the return of the vampires and that Elena's parents were apparently part of it! Definitely much more interesting. It also raised a bunch of questions and thought that I now cannot wait to see them play with over the course of the show.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
So I decided to do one of my own. It has nothing to do with anything. Just for fun. So let's see where I can get in 20 jumps. I only took one dose of NyQuil. Honest.
I will start by closing my eyes and typing something into the search engine.
5. Lucy and Linus
6. Peanuts 7. Elephant 8. Mouse (someone please tell me where the idea that elephants are afraid of mice came from?)9. Wireless 10. Cell Phone (whoa! I had no idea something like this existed! What on earth?! It's called "cellphone with security") 11. Security 12. Yeoman Warder
13. Facebook (this may seem like a strange jump, but when my sister and I visited the Tower of London, our Yeoman Warder tour guide was hysterical and at one point [to make a long story short] stated that he was on Facebook.)
14. College (when I started my Facebook account)
15. Study (cause I was one of those weird college people that actually went to school to learn and, even worse, actually liked writing papers and doing research) 16. Clue 17. Mustard (sweet muffins! I'm getting my dad this grill cover for Father's Day!)
18. Duncan the Donut (from The Donut Man - ah childhood memories. He did a skit dressed up as a mustard tree) 19. Holes 20. Shia LaBeouf
Well, that was interesting. And random. But I ended with one of my favorite actors and it also brought me full circle because his name ends with the letter "F"! Woot!
Castle: "I'm just saying whoever killed her also murdered the English language."
Castle: "What a coincidence"
Beckett: "Hundred bucks on our side."
Everyone straining to look at the board because they're all in on the bet while Beckett is trying to figure out what's going on.
Beckett finally opening up about some of her feelings over her mother's death.... and how Castle managed to not say a word though you could tell it took an effort
Castle thinking that his mother was really attacking Alexis and dropping his keys all over. HA!
I know I had more, but I didn't keep notes so I can't remember them. Next episode.